UNICEF: United Nations Children’s Fund is an international charity,headquartered in New York City
,that provides long-term humanitarian and developmental assistance to children and mothers in developing countries. It is one of the members of the United Nations Development Group and its Executive Committee. UNICEF was created by the United Nations General Assembly on December 11,1946,to provide emergency food and healthcare to children in countries that had been devastated by World War II. In 1954,UNICEF became a permanent part of the United Nations System and its name was shortened from the original United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund but it has continued to be known by the popular acronym based on this old name. UNICEF relies on contributions from governments and private donors and UNICEF’s total income for 2008 was ,372,540,239. Governments contribute two thirds of the organization’s resources; private groups and some 6 million individuals contribute the rest through the National Committees. It is estimated that 91.8% of their revenue is distributed to Program Services. UNICEF’s programs emphasize developing community-level services to promote the health and well-being of children. UNICEF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1965 and the Prince of Asturias Award of Concord in 2006. Most of UNICEF’s work is in the field,with staff in over 190 countries and territories. More than 200 country offices carry out UNICEF’s mission through a program developed with host governments. Seven regional offices provide technical assistance to country offices as needed. Overall management and administration of the organization takes place at its headquarters in New York. UNICEF’s Supply Division is based in Copenhagen and serves as the primary point of distribution for such essential items as vaccines,antiretroviral medicines for children and mothers with HIV,nutritional supplements,emergency shelters,educational supplies,among others. A 36-member Executive Board establishes policies,approves programs and oversees administrative and financial plans. The Executive Board is made up of government representatives who are elected by the United Nations Economic and Social Council,usually for three-year terms. Following the reaching of term limits by Executive Director of UNICEF Carol Bellamy,former United States Secretary of Agriculture Ann Veneman became executive director of the organization in May 2005,with an agenda to increase the organization’s focus on the Millennium Development Goals. She was succeeded in May 2010,by Anthony Lake. UNICEF is an inter-governmental organization and thus is accountable to those governments. UNICEF?s salary and benefits package is based on the United Nations Common System.
Posts, posts – so many of them, so little time. Happily for you I’m here to dig through all of them. Now, we’ve got articles to do with all sorts of things, such as Halle Berry, Ciara, Big Boi, Wendy Williams (media personality), Selena Gomez and UNICEF.
Academy Award: also known as Oscars
Let’s begin with a glance at the websites that have been discussing Halle Berry and Academy Award:
– HALLE BERRY To Retire From Acting For Daughter NAHLA? from anythinghollywood.com
– Halle’s BF Beat Up Her Baby Daddy, CPS Involved from yeeeah.com
– Halle Berry: Does being crazy pretty equal a sucky love life? from www.sheknows.com
: also known as Clifford Joseph Harris,Jr.
Ciara and Big Boi have come up rather a lot in the week as well.
– Ciara Kicks It With Her Parents At A Bowling Event, Releases ‘Sorry’ Remix Featuring Future from necolebitchie.com
– MUSIC FAB: T.I.’s “Sorry” Featuring Andr? 3000 (VIDEO) + Ciara’s “Sorry” (REMIX) Featuring Future from theybf.com
Wendy Williams (media personality): also known as Wendy Joan Williams,Wendy
Next are Wendy Williams (media personality) and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.:
– NO MORE FUR: Wendy Williams GOES NAKED For PETA Ad Campaign – “NO MORE FUR: Wendy Williams GOES NAKED For PETA Ad Campaign She’s changed up her lifestyle quite a bit since becoming a daytime tv star” – said theybf.com
– Wendy Williams Strips Nude For PETA – necolebitchie.com
– Yay Or Yuck?!? Wendy Williams Bares Her Knifed Up Linebacker Bawwwwdy And Gets Bucky Nekkid For PETA [Photos] – bossip.com
Katy Perry: also known as Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
Let’s finish up by taking a look at Selena Gomez and UNICEF
– Selena Gomez in D&G at the UNICEF Snowflake Ball: lovely or too mature? – “I mean, I’m happy to see Selena Gomez and Katy Perry in attendance, but surely UNICEF could have gotten a few more “bigger” names?” – said www.celebitchy.com
– Celebrity Fashion: SELENA GOMEZ Looks Classy And Grown-Up In Dolce & Gabbana – anythinghollywood.com
But hold on … there’s more … the very best of the pix…